7.22 made every Dota 2 player’s dream come true as it gave Aghanim’s Scepter to all players, making for arguably the biggest patch to drop in the game since talents were introduced way back in 7.00. Dropping just right before the start of the ESL One Birmingham, we’ve already seen what the top pro Dota 2 teams can do with the latest set of changes at the said tournament, as well as the recently-concluded Season 2 of the StarLadder ImbaTV Dota 2 Minor. But, now, it’s time for the big boys to come out and play.
As the final Major of the 2018-19 Dota Pro Circuit, the EPICENTER Major 2019, draws nearer, we can’t help but feel excited about the plethora of strategies that the best Dota 2 teams in the world will try and roll out. This is especially true with half of the sixteen-team tournament pool looking to go on a deep run in Moscow and secure themselves a direct invite to The International 2019 in August.
Things are going to get pretty chaotic, is what we’re trying to say here. Below, we’ll try to make some sense of it all and give you a proper preview so you don’t walk away from the tournament empty-handed.
Epicenter Major Betting Tips & Predictions
Our team of tipsters and writers will cover all of the important matches of the tournament as soon as the playoffs kick off. Make sure that you bookmark our page and come back for your daily dose of high-precision predictions:
- June 30: Team Liquid vs Virtus.Pro
- June 28: Team Liquid vs Vici Gaming
- June 28: PSG.LGD vs OG
- June 26: Team Secret vs OG
Betting Odds – Favourite Teams to Win EPICENTER 2019
Betting Preview Analysis
Multiple bookmakers seem to agree that the EPICENTER Major 2019 is Team Secret’s to lose, and why not?
Team Secret have already gone and won two Majors for themselves this season alone, while making it to the Grand Final of another one, so what’s another Major added to their stacked trophy case, right?
As it is, Team Secret are on their way to establishing a dynasty — they’re already the most successful five-man lineup in Dota 2 history with a 75.54% win rate across 139 LAN games, including 6 LAN titles and never even finishing below 4th-place at least once throughout their entire run so far.
What we’re trying to say here is that Team Secret are scary good.
They’re excellent while playing “in-meta” heroes, but they’re also unafraid to throw conventional out of the window and try out something new, often to great effect. Plus, according to multiple interviews, it seems that Clement “Puppey” Ivanov wants the entire team to take the entire season seriously, which can only mean bad news for the other fifteen Dota 2 teams in the tournament.
While the other two Major winners this season, Vici Gaming and Virtus.Pro, are also playing at the EPICENTER Major 2019, both have not proven yet that they’re capable of beating Team Secret consistently.
In fact, no Dota 2 team has, which means that it’s only wise to place a bet on Team Secret to win their third Major outright.
Betting Tip: Team Secret to win outright
Bookmaker: Betway Esports
Schedule and Format
Group Stages (June 22nd – 23rd 2019)
– The sixteen participating Dota 2 teams will be divided into four GSL-style groups composed of four teams each.
– The teams will be playing each other in best-of-three matches for seeding purposes.
– The top two teams from each group will advance to the Upper Bracket of the Playoffs. Meanwhile, the bottom two teams will be playing with their tournament lives on the line down in the Lower Bracket of the Playoffs.
Playoffs (June 24th – June 30th 2019)
– The sixteen Dota 2 teams will be playing each other in a double-elimination format, with only the final three days of the Playoffs portion being played at the CSKA Arena in Moscow in front of a live audience.
– The teams will be seeded into the Upper Bracket and Lower Bracket depending on their performance in the Group Stage portion of the EPICENTER Major 2019.
– All matches during the first round of the Lower Bracket portion of the Playoffs will be a best-of-one, with the Grand Finals being a best-of-five.
– The rest of the matches will be a best-of-three.
Live Streaming – Where to Watch the EPICENTER Major 2019
Dota 2 fans from around the globe will be able to keep up with the action live via EPICENTER’s official Twitch channel and Dota 2’s in-game client:
Additional content throughout the Major will also be posted on EPICENTER’s official YouTube channel. For Live Betting, we recommend watching the games live via Twitch for the most updated live streams.