The UK has become one of the most significant European esports betting territories in recent years and it’s not hard to see why. Esports has been growing rapidly in the UK, and the audience for CS:GO, along with Dota 2, League of Legends and Overwatch is expanding every year, helped by the UK hosting some significant esports events, most notably in the Electronic Sports League.
That esports fanbase is supported by arguably the world’s most developed betting industry. Some of the betting companies based in the regulated UK market go back decades, and the well-ordered UK betting market is home to a thriving betting culture, which has enthusiastically embraced esports.
|Betting Site||Bonus info|
|1||Up to £30 in Free Bets|
Min deposit £10. 1x wagering at odds of 1.75 to unlock Free Bet
|2||Up to £100 in Bet Credits|
Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit.
|3||Up to £100 in Free Bets|
New customer offer. Place 5 x €/£10 or more bets to receive €/£20 in free bets.
|4||Bet £10 & Get £40 in Free Bets|
T&Cs Apply. +18.
|5||Bet £20, Get £40 in Free Bets|
New customers only. Min. deposit £10. Place a sportsbook bet of £20+ at odds 2/5 (1.40).
|6||£20 risk-free bet|
New customers only, limited to one per person.
|7||100% bonus up to £50|
Min bonus £5, max bonus £50. Wag 15x (bonus funds).
|8||Up to £30 in Free Bets|
New customers only. £15 in sportsbook free bets + £15 in free spins for casino and vegas.
Best UK Esports Betting Sites for CS:GO, Dota 2 & LoL
Here’s the list of the best esports betting sites in the UK which are licensed by UKGC and offer a wide range of markets to bet on such as CS:GO, Dota 2, LoL, Overwatch and others:
- Betway Esports
- Paddy Power
Esports Games to Bet on in the UK
It seems that every month a new game is added to the stable of international esports, but some games have a head start with UK audiences and retain perennial popularity:
- CS:GO. This is one of the dominant players in the global esports world and has proved to be a hit with UK fans and esports bettors. Even bookmakers that don’t offer much esports coverage will usually provide some markets on this hugely popular first-person shooter franchise.
- Dota 2. A complex, but compelling game, Dota 2 has risen from humble origins to become one of the biggest esports in the world. The Dota-2 dedicated International is the world’s most prestigious esports competition and the game has a devoted following in the UK.
- League of Legends. Another regular esport featured by UK bookmakers, and a game that can rival Dota 2 for popularity, with its major tournaments, the Legends Championship Series and the League of Legends World Championships drawing plenty of betting action in the UK.
- Others. The enduring popularity of football in the UK means that UK bookmakers are likely to offer some of the best odds on FIFA esports competitions, while Fortnite, Overwatch and Hearthstone also attract plenty of interest from UK punters and bookmakers.
Live Odds from UK Bookmakers
One of the many great reasons to be on esports in the UK is the widespread availability of live betting opportunities. The UK is the home of the world’s first betting exchange, Betfair, which popularised live betting, but other bookmakers have followed suit in offering in-play betting markets such as Betway:
|2 Apr 2020|
| SECTOR: MOSTBET|
Season 2 2020
|1.75 / 1.95|
Closed qualifier season 6 2020
|2.30 / 1.50|
Pro League season 11 2020
|3.55 / 1.25|
| Telia Esports|
Season 3 2020
| LVP SLO|
Nowadays it is possible for UK betting fans to bet live on a range of esports markets with their favourite sportsbook, and many betting companies also offer excellent live streaming and statistics services to help punters to power up their live esports betting.
Esports Betting Legality in the UK
The legal status of betting varies around the world, but UK residents are fortunate to be able to access one of the world’s biggest and best-regulated betting industries. Betting in the UK is legal, providing you are over 18, and there is no restriction on what sports you can bet on, which means that bookmakers are free to offer an incredible variety of esports betting markets.
The UK betting market is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) one of the world’s most respected gambling authorities. They demand strict standards from all of their licensees and make sure that any bookmaker with a UKGC licence provides a high level of customer protection. And you can be sure that all of the UK bookmakers on this site are fully licensed and regulated.
United Kingdom Esports Teams and Events
The UK is the world’s fifth biggest video game market, so it is no surprise to find that there is a thriving esports scene in the UK. Here are the biggest teams and tournaments followed by UK fans.
- Insomnia. Held twice a year in Birmingham, Insomnia is a hub of esports activity, hosting hundreds of amateur tournaments, along with major CS:GO, Overwatch, League of Legends and Hearthstone events. Insomnia has also hosted global tournaments, including the Call of Duty World League.
- Electronic Sports League. Known as ESL, this is the home of a variety of tournaments, including the ESL Premiership and play-offs for a number of sports, most notably CS:GO and Rainbow Six. Winners of the ESL CS:GO tournament have the chance to go through to the MDL qualifiers and ultimately can earn a spot in the ESL Pro League.
- Pokemon World Championships. One of the most popular participatory esports, Pokemon Go, will be staging its world championship in London in August this year. Lasting three days, it will feature the world’s best Pokémon trainers at ExCel London.
- Prophecy. One of the UK’s most recognisable esports teams, with a particularly successful Rocket League line-up.
- Team Dignitas. With a history going back to 2003, this is another hugely popular UK esports team that has enjoyed success in CS:GO, Heroes of the Storm, and League of Legends.
- Team Endpoint. A new team to UK audiences, but they’ve made rapid progress in Street Fighter, CS:GO and Rocket League, making it one of the hottest line-ups in UK esports.